Associate of Applied Science – Energy Technician
PROGRAM OUTCOMES FOR ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE DEGREE IN ENERGY TECHNICIAN:
- The student will learn uses and names of equipment and system procedures of an energy production plant.
- The student will learn the principles of safety, health, and environment along with the procedures required to perform as an individual and as a team member within the plant.
- The student will gain the knowledge of ability to operate equipment in a manner that assures there are environmentally sound work habits.
- The student will learn math that is related to plant operation and performance including:
- basic math fundamentals
- work problems requiring algebra, volume areas, and process flows
- performing calculations necessary for obtaining maximum plant efficiency
- The student will study and become familiar with the plant process flow, instruments and instrumentation systems.
- The student will identify green energy sources and describe commercial and residential production methods.
- The student will identify the main components of industrial wind turbines and solve selected electrical problems using Ohms and Kirchoff’s laws.
- The student will identify and describe environmental laws that affect the production of energy in the United States.