Associate of Science – Information Technology
PROGRAM OUTCOMES FOR ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY:
- The student will demonstrate the applications of computer information systems and fundamental computer concepts.
- The student will install internal and external options and devices.
- The student will configure and enhance the hardware and software of a computer to optimize computer performance.
- The student will utilize tools, hardware components, and hardware/software interfacing to troubleshoot computer problems.
- The student will plan and implement a technical solution for networking in a small business environment.
- The student will create IP addressing plans for a small network and implement a network equipment upgrade.
- The student will investigate issues and/or solve problems using current topics in computing as well as application of industry trends.
- The student will manage and maintain a database, such as SQL or Microsoft Access.
- The student will understand the following as related to Visual Basic and/or Java and/or another computer programming language:
- how to construct user interfaces for simple programs, and design functional systems;
- analyze and construct effective and efficient algorithms and appropriate control structures
- effectively use software development tools including editors, compilers, and libraries.