Associate of Science – Practical Nursing
PROGRAM OUTCOMES FOR ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN PRACTICAL NURSING:
- The student will practice holistic, safe, technical nursing care in meeting the health care needs of individuals and families across the lifespan, regardless of cultural background.
- The student will demonstrate technical level skill in critical thinking, communication, and therapeutic nursing interventions. The student will utilize the nursing process to give culturally focused care.
- The student will demonstrate effective promotion of wellness and balance across the lifespan and transitions of living in the present world with individuals, vulnerable populations, and various other professionals in a variety of settings such as community health care agencies, outpatient settings, and long term care settings.
- The student will practice within the ethical and legal guidelines of the Nurse Practices Act.
- The student will demonstrate leadership skills consistent with the role of a practical nurse in collaboration with registered nurses, advanced practice registered nurses, or licensed practitioners.