The Associate of Applied Science Veterinary Technology Degree is a practical introduction to the field of veterinary medicine and nursing. The mission of the Veterinary Technology Associate of Applied Science degree program is to provide students with the professional and hands-on skills necessary for successful employment in veterinary nursing and related fields, including those required to excel in rural and tribal areas. This technical degree exists to provide culturally-responsive, state-of-the-art, hands-on education and training to prepare students for careers in veterinary medicine and related fields.
- Proficiently execute the Essential Skills dictated by the American Veterinary Medical Association's Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities.
- Actively contribute as an integral member of a veterinary health care team while adhering to professional and ethical standards including a strong work ethic, personal responsibility and compassion for clients and animals.
- Effectively communicate with veterinary health care team members and clients.
- Establish and maintain a work environment that ensures the safety of clients, animals and staff.
- Utilize and apply the knowledge necessary to function within the scope of practice of a Licensed Veterinary Technician.