Associate of Applied Science/Associate of Science – Business and Office Technology
PROGRAM OUTCOMES FOR ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE/ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN BUSINESS AND OFFICE TECHNOLOGY:
- The student will demonstrate the knowledge of current computer applications:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
- The student will demonstrate preparation of routine office correspondence through the use of current computer applications:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
- The student will demonstrate knowledge of maintaining accounts and preparing financial statements for a sole proprietorship business.
- The student will demonstrate how to work and communicate professionally with employees and the general public.
Associate of Science – Information Technology
PROGRAM OUTCOMES FOR ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY:
- The student will demonstrate the applications of computer information systems and fundamental computer concepts.
- The student will install internal and external options and devices.
- The student will configure and enhance the hardware and software of a computer to optimize computer performance.
- The student will utilize tools, hardware components, and hardware/software interfacing to troubleshoot personal computer problems.
- The student will plan and implement a technical solution for networking in a small business environment.
- The student will create IP addressing plans for a small network and implement a network equipment upgrade.
- The student will investigate issues and/or solve problems using current topics in computing as well as application of industry trends.
- The student will manage and maintain a database, such as SQL or Microsoft Access.
- The student will understand the following as related to Visual Basic and/or Java and/or another computer programming language:
- how to construct user interfaces for simple programs, and design functional systems;
- analyze and construct effective and efficient algorithms and appropriate control structures
- effectively use software development tools including editors, compilers, and libraries.
Associate of Science – Environmental Science
PROGRAM OUTCOMES FOR ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE:
- The student will describe and show competency in the proper use of environmental sampling equipment and current technology in the classroom and in the field according to accepted “Standard Methods”.
- The student will describe and show competency to conduct field sampling and monitoring of air, water, soil, and biomass using appropriate sampling equipment according to accepted “Standard Methods”.
- The student will describe and show competency to conduct an environmental site assessment.
- The student will describe and show competency to describe, orally and in writing, the similarities and differences between traditional and modern views of the Earth.
- The student will describe and show competency to demonstrate an understanding of methodology in science research.
- The student will describe biological, chemical, and physical influences on environmental media.
- The student will describe transport mechanisms for contaminants as they travel through various environmental media.
- The student will demonstrate a general knowledge of environmental issues and develop an understanding of environmental impacts resulting from human activities.
Associate of Science – Lakhotiyapi/Dakhotiyapi
PROGRAM OUTCOMES FOR CERTIFICATE/ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN LAKHOTIYAPI/DAKHOTIYAPI:
- The student will demonstrate a knowledge base of the Lakota/Dakota Language using best practices in the following areas:
- language acquisition
- field methods
- practical applications
- teaching techniques
Associate of Science – Practical Nursing
PROGRAM OUTCOMES FOR ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN PRACTICAL NURSING:
- The student will practice holistic, safe, technical nursing care in meeting the health care needs of individuals and families across the lifespan, regardless of cultural background.
- The student will demonstrate technical level skill in critical thinking, communication, and therapeutic nursing interventions. The student will utilize the nursing process to give culturally focused care.
- The student will demonstrate effective promotion of wellness and balance across the lifespan and transitions of living in the present world with individuals, vulnerable populations, and various other professionals in a variety of settings such as community health care agencies, outpatient settings, and long term care settings.
- The student will practice within the ethical and legal guidelines of the Nurse Practices Act.
- The student will demonstrate leadership skills consistent with the role of a practical nurse in collaboration with registered nurses, advanced practice registered nurses, or licensed practitioners.
Certificate and Associate of Science – Community Health Worker
PROGRAM OUTCOMES FOR CERTIFICATE AND ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER:
- The students will access current & reliable research-based health information from the internet as a “life-long” skill.
- The student will present health-related information to others in “one-on-one” settings, as well as in small group settings, & large group settings
- The student will attend to “health literacy”, that is, prepare and present health information in a way that is respectful of the “learner”, for example, students will be able to effectively adapt health information so it can be understood by an elder, a colleague, a Tribal leader, a child, people with advanced reading levels, and people who have limited reading levels.
- The student will adapt general health related information to include its direct application to the American Indian cultural context
- The student will document reliably in written and electronic health records
- The student will communicate effectively and respectfully
- The student will assess different communication styles and adapt their communication style as necessary to meet the needs of potential clients in the community
Associate of Science – Criminal Justice
PROGRAM OUTCOMES FOR ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE:
- The student will demonstrate a working knowledge of the Constitutional and legal foundations of American law.
- The student will demonstrate an understanding of the powers and limitations of Indian law based on federal law and legal precedent.
- The student will demonstrate a basic understanding of the various theories of deviant behavior and society’s responses to such behavior.
Associate of Science – Human Service Technician
PROGRAM OUTCOMES FOR ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN HUMAN SERVICES TECHNICIAN:
- The student will demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with clients and other professionals verbally and in writing.
- The student will demonstrate knowledge of social and human service delivery systems and their role within the local and regional community:
- Role Identification
- Agency Planning, Budgeting, Management
- Legal and Ethical
- The student will apply systematic procedure to identify problems, provide therapeutic supportive and preventive services.