Bachelor of Science – Environmental Science
PROGRAM OUTCOMES FOR BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN ENVIORNMENTAL SCIENCE:
- The students will demonstrate the proper use of environmental sampling equipment and current technology in the classroom and in the field according to accepted “Standard Methods”.
- The student will demonstrate the ability to design and conduct a field or laboratory study using appropriate sampling equipment and techniques according to accepted “Standard Methods”.
- The student will demonstrate the similarities and differences between traditional and modern views of the Earth.
- The student will describe biological, chemical, and physical influences on environmental media, including human health effects.
- The student will describe transport mechanisms for contaminants as they travel through various environmental media.
- The student will develop a professional research proposal and demonstrate the various steps of the scientific methods in the design.
- The student will develop and present a professional research presentation and answer questions in an appropriate manner.
- The student will produce a final report of research project that effectively provides a general narrative of the student’s research.