Associate of Science
- The students will access current & reliable research-based health information from the internet as a “life-long” skill.
- The student will present health-related information to others in “one-on-one” settings, as well as in small group settings, & large group settings
- The student will attend to “health literacy”, that is, prepare and present health information in a way that is respectful of the “learner”, for example, students will be able to effectively adapt health information so it can be understood by an elder, a colleague, a Tribal leader, a child, people with advanced reading levels, and people who have limited reading levels.
- The student will adapt general health related information to include its direct application to the American Indian cultural context
- The student will document reliably in written and electronic health records
- The student will communicate effectively and respectfully
- The student will assess different communication styles and adapt their communication style as necessary to meet the needs of potential clients in the community