Associate of Arts – General Studies
PROGRAM OUTCOMES FOR ASSOCIATE OF ARTS DEGREE IN GENERAL STUDIES:
- The student will express ideas effectively through writing and
- The student will demonstrate use of technology.
- The student will develop their knowledge of various cultures with an emphasis on the Lakota/Dakota culture.
- The student will demonstrate mathematical skills and reasoning:
- organize and analyze data to make inferences about real world situations (critical thinking skills),
- apply the basic math properties to solve equations and inequalities (mathematical principles).
Associate of Arts – General Studies Nursing Transfer
- The student will gain the acquired basic principles and skills in the general education area required for transfer to a four-year institution of higher learning.
- The student will complete transfer requirements for furthering their nursing education.
Associate of Arts/Science – Business Administration
PROGRAM OUTCOMES FOR ASSOCIATE OF ARTS/SCIENCE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION:
- The student will demonstrate knowledge of maintaining accounts and preparing financial statements for a sole proprietorship business.
- The student will exhibit professional skills in written and verbal communication.
- The student will demonstrate practical application of small business management principles including supervision, marketing, and business planning techniques.
- The student will demonstrate knowledge of legal issues relating to business.
- The student will display basic knowledge of global, national, local, and Native American tribal economic concepts.
- The student will apply interpersonal communication, diversity, and conflict resolution strategies.
Associate of Arts – Pre-engineering
PROGRAM OUTCOMES FOR ASSOCIATE OF ARTS IN PRE-ENGINEERING
- The student will apply knowledge of Chemistry, Physics, mathematics through Calculus II, and introductory engineering to the analysis of engineering problems.
- The student will conduct experiments and analyze and interpret data.
- The student will design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints at a level typical of a beginning 3rd year undergraduate in an ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc.) accredited engineering program.
- The student will function on teams having a diversity of educational, occupational, and cultural backgrounds.
- The student will identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems at a level typical of a beginning 3rd year undergraduate in an ABET accredited engineering program.
Associate of Arts – Native American Studies
PROGRAM OUTCOMES FOR ASSOCIATE OF ARTS DEGREE IN NATIVE AMERICAN STUDIES:
- The student will demonstrate proficiency in the Lakota/Dakota language:
- The student will demonstrate an awareness of Lakota/Dakota culture and the importance of cultural activities and their role in Lakota/Dakota society.
- The student will demonstrate knowledge of the traditional values of Lakota/Dakota society.