Sitting Bull College is able to offer students a wide array of travel experiences to learn and share learnings. Each year, SBC students attend and present at local and national conferences. In order to partake in these experiences, however, students must follow the SBC Travel Policy below and fill-out all required forms to show financial and academic good-standing.
To be eligible to participate or represent the College, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Must be currently enrolled at SBC.
- Must not be on Academic Probation.
- Must not have received an “F” in the last term of attendance at SBC or any other college.
- Must have completed 75% of classes initially enrolled in during the last term of attendance at SBC.
- Must maintain a minimum 2.50 cumulative grade point average (GPA).
- Must have and maintain greater than 75% attendance from beginning of semester of travel to actual travel date in each course.
- Must be maintaining a 2.50 Grade Point Average in the current term.
- Must have written approval of satisfactory academic progress as certified on form SBC-001, available through the counselors’ office. A student must complete the initial approval before travel arrangements are made, and again complete final approval before travel is allowed*. To remain eligible for travel, a student must not drop a course or courses after the initial approval has been made.
- Must follow travel policies and procedures as outlined in the Financial Management Policies and Procedures of SBC.
- If required for activity, student must have been an active participant in fundraising.
- Students who owe $1500 or less to Sitting Bull College will be allowed to travel IF they have a current payment plan in place and have been paying at least 10% of the total amount owed on a monthly basis for at least 6 consecutive months prior to travel. Students who stop paying on the plan AFTER travel will be assessed a service charge of 20% of the travel costs and will not be allowed to travel until debt is paid in full.
- During travel students must comply with Sitting Bull College’s Student Code of Conduct. Failure to do so shall result in disciplinary action.
- The policy does not apply to field trips that involve the entire class and does not require overnight travel.
For more information regarding travel, students should contact SBC Student Travel at 854-8087 or by filling out the following: