The MBA program at Sitting Bull College educates current and future business leaders through the use of technology, research and engagement with an emphasis on economic development, budgeting, financial decision making, and planning while promoting ethical behavior consistent with the Lakota/Dakota culture and language. The Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree is granted to the student, who wishes to complete a program of study which leads to employment in a specific career.
- The student will demonstrate the use of written and oral communication.
- The student will learn how to budget effectively and how to understand and prepare financial statements.
- The student will demonstrate leadership skills applying creative problem solving techniques to achieve optimal utilization of resources at an organization.
- The student will integrate various business management techniques throughout the cross functional areas of an organization.
- The student will demonstrate an understanding of the challenges that are faced in today’s business environment.
M.B.A. graduates are well positioned for many job opportunities within the Sitting Bull College region at Standing Rock and surrounding areas. Sitting Bull College M.B.A. graduates are likely to find jobs with the following industries, areas and fields:
- State Governments (North and South Dakota)
- Advanced Management positions in Tribal Casinos
- Federal Government
- Bureau of Indian Affairs
- Tribal Governments
- Financial Services Industries
- Territorial Sales
- Higher Education (Administration and Faculty)
- Hospital and clinics
- Self employment/New Business