Students who wish to audit courses at SBC must apply for and receive the permission of the Vice President of Operations or Dean of Academics. A student may not request such permission until after the regular registration period as regular enrollees have a priority in filing the class.
The following conditions apply:
- Only lecture type course may be audited. Audits will not be permitted in classes requiring special equipment (example: computers). Audits will be allowed in the Language, Arts, and Sciences.
- No academic credit will be granted.
- Student must follow SBC’s registration process.
- The student may not switch from the audit to regular registration or vice versa after the last day to add a class.
- The audit registration will appear on the student’s transcript.
- Students will be required to pay for the cost of the book, the registration fee, lab fees, and one-half of the tuition rates.